The day we had the wonderful joy or bringing Poppy to our home to join Muffin was one of the most exciting days of our lives! The only problem was that Muffin kept hissing and trying to claw Poppy. Not the joyful union that we imagined. So, after some research, we came across these great tips for introducing kittens to each other.
- Introduce them to each other slowly, don’t force them to get too close too soon.
- Supervise them at first as you don’t want them to scratch each other.
- Give them separate spaces within the same room while they get used to each other.
- Comfort both kittens equally during the transition.
- After a day or two leave them to play freely together if they seem comfortable together.
I am pleased to say that Muffin and Poppy are now best friends. Happy endings do happen in real life after all!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.